- Mow tall grass frequently. Recycle or mulch your clippings back into the grass. Don’t bag unless the clippings are too long – in which case you should consider mowing taller and/or more frequently. Ideally, you should be looking for 3” blades.
- Continue to address soil tests. Add a starter fertilizer now as soil temps hit 60 degrees and the turf really begins to grow.
- Apply a second application of pre-emergent, this time using Dithiopyr – it has post-emergent qualities that will help kill crabgrass and dandelions.
- Begin to spot spray weeds.
- Begin your fungicide preventative treatments now.
Need help keeping up? Call Rob at (617) 965-4446 for a quote today!